We hope you, your families and your staff and their families are in good health. As we emerge from our practices being closed, we know that you will have patients with needs that require referral. We want you to know, whether you are a prior referring office, or a new partner, we are open for referrals beginning May 18th. Our referral form is linked for your convenience.
Our commitment to you and your practice
We know some of your patients will be apprehensive to return to your office, in light of the impact COVID-19 has had on the dental profession. And, we understand some of your patients who require referral will be equally concerned coming for treatment at a new clinic.
We want to assure you that we have implemented enhanced procedures both at our Health Sciences Center and Suncrest Towne Centre clinics to address COVID-19. You can find those on our webpage for patient reopening information. We ask that you review these and share the information with your patient you are referring to us for treatment. We have created this patient information sheet which can be printed or emailed to your patient so they are prepared for the referral appointment.
Please note the following regarding the way referrals will be scheduled and managed during the WVU Dental initial reopening phase.
- In light of the patient care delays caused by the COVID-19 situation, we will make it a top priority to follow up on those services that had to be delayed.
- We will make every effort to prioritize any delayed services based upon urgency.
- Where a service has not been deemed urgent/emergent, we may not be able to schedule it in the earliest phases of our reopening. However, those services will be scheduled at the earliest possible opportunity.
- If you are sending a new referral for a patient who needs an urgent/emergent service, we kindly request that you indicate this in the email or on the referral form. Urgent/emergent services will be processed promptly and scheduled as soon as we can.
- Referrals can continue to be sent to our SODReferrals@hsc.wvu.edu email address or faxed to (304) 293-7646. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at (304) 293-4165.
We wish to thank our existing referring partners for continuing to work with us as we emerge from this difficult time. We also extend a welcome to new offices that need our assistance in managing their patient's care and look forward to establishing a long standing relationship. WVU Dental WVU School of Dentistry is here to support you and your practice.