In caring for you during the cautionary environment created as a result of COVID-19, we appreciate your attention to some of the measures we are taking to ensure your safety and the safety of our providers and staff.
If you are a new or existing referring provider, we continue to look forward to working with you and your patients. Please visit our provider referral page.
Our COVID-19 Precautions
We have incorporated the recommended guidelines from the American Dental Association, the West Virginia Board of Dentistry, the Governor of West Virginia and our own additional regulations to implement the precautions we are taking for your safety and well-being. These include the following.
- Enhanced patient pre-screening for possible exposure to COVID-19
- Wearing of masks by all individuals in our facility
- Enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE) use by our providers and staff
- COVID-19 screening of employees and students
- Enhanced housekeeping and disinfection protocols
- Social distancing in reception areas and where ever possible - seating 6 feet apart
- Clear plastic barriers where deemed appropriate
- Ensure placement of hand sanitizer stations, tissues and masks where needed
- Dental unit waterlines are regularly maintained, disinfected and tested for safety.
- Minimize effects of aerosol generating procedures
Before your visit
- You will consult with a WVU Dental patient representative over the phone. During this consultation, the patient representative will ask you a series of screening questions specifically developed for COVID-19. Your responses will be documented in your patient record.
- Your patient representative will ask that you call ahead if there is any change in answers to your screening questions prior to your appointment.
- Based on your responses to these screening questions, your appointment will either be confirmed or you may be asked to see your personal care physician for an evaluation prior to being seen by our providers. The patient representative will provide you details on the next steps you will need to take.
- You will be asked to wear a face covering into the facility at the time of your appointment your appointment. (Please try to acquire a surgical face mask, homemade mask, or other covering. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you at the reception desk.)
- Patients will be encouraged to arrive no more than 10 minutes early to an appointment.
- We ask that any guest, if not needed for the appointment, wait for you outside the facility.
- A patient representative will ask you the same screening questions that were asked over the phone to confirm no changes.
- Your temperature will taken and recorded in your patient record.
- During the process, you will be advised that there is an additional $10 fee to help offset the cost of enhanced infection control procedures. While we regret that an additional fee is necessary, we believe it is essential to keeping you as safe as possible.
- You will be directed to be seated in the waiting area until you are greeted and escorted to the treatment area. We have modified our waiting areas to comply with social distancing rules. We ask that your mask on until you need to remove it for treatment.
Thank you for choosing WVU Dental Care. If you are interested in reviewing or editing you patient information, please go to my.wvudentalcare.org.